LinkedIn is a business-oriented social network site with millions of LinkedIn users from more than 200 countries around the world, including executives from every Fortune 500 company. With more users than any other professional social networking site, LinkedIn is a place to build, maintain, and track professional contacts.
In addition to management of personal contacts, LinkedIn can be an effective means of self-promotion, providing users space to maintain a living and public resume of work and educational experience.
Why Use LinkedIn?
- Connects you with other professionals, potential employers and peers in your field.
- Another vehicle for increasing your presence on the Internet.
- Promote your experience to others.
- Set up your profile to publicize websites, blogs and other urls.
- A well constructed profile will enhance the Google search engine results.
- Allows you to ask the advice of fellow professional.
Tips on Using LinkedIn
LinkedIn Learning Center – a great resource for those getting started with LinkedIn.
Getting started with LinkedIn:
How Do I Start a Professional LinkedIn account?
Create your own account by going to the LinkedIn site at: http://www.linkedin.com/ – complete the form on the right side of the welcome page.