How to Set Up Your Own Professional UK Facebook account:
2.) Naming your account: Use UK College of Agriculture, Food and Environment in the title. Extension offices can use KY Cooperative Extension. In the "About" category, include the University, College, Dept/Unit, or county or program name and any important website, contact links.
4.) Once you’ve created the page, the first thing you should do is upload a logo (see below).
5.) You can also make a widget (Fan Box) for your website > simply click the “Add Fan Box to your site” on the “Promote your page” section.
6.) Get UK Approval for the Facebook account: After you finish adding the pictures and icon, send the account information to UKPR. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, place in the subject line social media approval request. All institutional pages must have a full-time appointed employee who is identified as being responsible for content. Ideally, this should be the unit head of the department.
7.) Now that your Facebook page is all set up, announce it to your readers so they can “like” you.
Cover images cannot include:
- Price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it at our website.”
- Contact information such as a website address, email, mailing address, or information that should go in your Page’s “About” section.
- References to Facebook features or actions, such as “Like” or “Share” or an arrow pointing from the cover photo to any of these features
- Calls-to-action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends.”
- Covers must not be false, deceptive or misleading, and must not infringe on third parties’ intellectual property.