YouTube and iTunes U
Social Media Marketing:
Each type of Social media tool (YouTube is a tool) allows you to market a program to a specific type of audience.
- make connections with different audiences using the different tools
- build a network of people with similar interests
- engage in conservations about these interests
- share information about these interests and
- communicate about these interest all the time.
What Do You Do with YouTube?
- Put together a creative video explaining your program or service.
- Show the results of someone using your services.
- Promote your events using recordings of previous events.
- Take viewers on a tour of your offices and city to help them feel connected with you.
- Upload recordings of presentations you’ve given to demonstrate authority and public speaking skills.
- Share slides from presentations that weren’t recorded.
- Create short videos of valuable tips of interest to your clients and prospects to show off your expertise.
- Conduct an interview with an expert.
- Turn your podcasts into videos to expand your reach.
- Record an important meeting to share with staff.
- Create “how-to” videos.
- Post solutions to common issues or service problems.
- Answer customer-specific questions using videos.
- Embed videos on your website on appropriate pages.
Posting the new video on the YouTube Channel
Once the video is created you will want to get it posted on the official UKAg YouTube Channel. Your contact (see below) will discuss file formats, preflight the files, and add the official opening and closing institutional credits. They also contact the appropriate chair, director or administrator listed on the form to view the video. The approved video is posted on the UKAG YouTube Channel.
For videos created by College Administration, Faculty, Specialists:
Your contact is: Chris Canjar
New Technologies Director, Agricultural Communications Services
252 Charles E. Barnhart Building (Office: 252), Lexington, KY 40546-0276
Phone: (859) 257-3335, ext. 556 Fax: (859) 323-3986
For videos created by Extension Administration, Specialists and Agents in counties:
Your contact is: Rich Phelps
DEITC Manager, Agricultural Communications Services
P.O. Box 469 Princeton, KY 42445
Phone: (270) 365-7541, ext. 276 Fax: (270) 365-2667
For videos created through the request form/Ag Communications Services
Your contact is: Dave Stalion
Communications Specialist, Videographer, Agricultural Communications Services
132B Scovell Hall, KY 40506-0064
Phone: (859) 257-3987
How to Create Your Own Channel
2. Choose a user name that reflects your brand for your channel URL.
3. Use the college logo or display the college information in every video including name, URL, address.
4. Use official UK Ag backgrounds. After you have uploaded the background, make sure you select “Yes” to “Repeat Background Image.”
5. Add your channel URL to your county page, program page and social network profiles.
6. Post links to your videos on various social networks.
7. Study your channel’s performance with the integrated Google Analytics and YouTube Insight to make the most of your videos.
The University of Kentucky has a iTunes U Channel, and the College of Ag has a ton of information on it.
- iTunes U: Access UK on iTunes U: UK Link Blue, Guest login and more information