Guidelines for Using a Program Graphic
- One of the approved university/college or extension branding logos. They are called lock-ups to describe the design with the interlocking UK logo and the words.
- Use one of the lockup brands with a program graphic.
- A word used in text, a simple artistic graphic or combination. NO reference to the university, college or extension with text or branding.
- The graphic must not be combined with the branding in any way.
Location of Lock-up and Program Graphic
- For apparel and items: Use the Program Graphic on the front or back and place a Lock-up in another location.
Use the approved graphic with a UK branding lock-up
- Lock-ups include the UK lock-up, the UK College lock-up, the Cooperative Extension Service lock-up or the UK/KSU partnership logo.
- One of the lock-ups/logo MUST be on all materials to brand our educational institution.
- Can be placed on front or back of apparel and items for promotional use, give-aways, and other non-retail materials.
Which Lock-up to Use
- Select from one of the lock-ups below. Selection depends on type of material and item being branded.
- Having trouble fitting everything on a product? Always select one of the lock-ups instead of the program graphic. An example of this would be smaller items like pens or pencils. A lock-up will not fit. Choose to use text only “UK College of Agriculture, Food and Environment” or “UK Cooperation Extension Service”.
Internal vs. External Audiences
Internal Promotional products, college level announcements
- When ordering shirts, jackets, items, it’s best to include the official UK College lockup, or the UK University of Kentucky lockup.
- On campus intended materials can use the UK College lockup or other lockups below.
- With promotional items and printed materials, use a UK lockup that has the University of Kentucky and the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment spelled out.
- Read more from the UK Graphics
Approval of a Program Graphic
- UKAg is NOT ALLOWED.
- The logo has UK in it and has been used exclusively to represent the college/university.
If you have a current program graphic that needs updated, please send the program graphic to firstname.lastname@example.org for advise on changing the graphic to reflect the current branding policies.